DIY Neon Sign
A custom neon sign has been on my wish list for years but the substantial price tag has prevented me from pulling the trigger. What can I say, shoes take precedence! It wasn’t until I recently stumbled upon this awesome tutorial from A Practical Wedding, that I was instantly inspired to DIY my own, giving it my own spin. I like being able to customize the sign with my handwriting and choosing a fun pattern as a backdrop. I’m also anxious to make a life size version for my home office. But in the meantime, I can’t think of a better way to express how much I love my Valentine . .
- 1/4″ white acrylic sheet(I used a 20 x 24″ piece)
- 5mm hot pink EL wire(I used 20 feet)
- Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel Control
- power drill with 1/4″ drill bit
- painter’s tape or electrical tape
- pencil and eraser
- Gaffer tape
- 9v battery
- wallpaper (optional)
- Mod Podge & foam brush (optional)
(images by HonestlyWTF)
by Erica in D.I.Y.